Thanks for coming, Clubhouse mate!
💥 Ask me about cohosting the room about data visualization, innovation, self-development.
Let’s talk on Clubhouse! Contact me to discuss details: Linkedin profile | monika(at)labmp.com
- Financial literacy is more important than ever. Data storytelling in finance & investing must be emotionless. Machine learning blurs out FUD and FOMO. It is beyond traditional quant. Data-backed interpretation of the current state is a foundation for human decision-making.
- Dealing with reporting for multiple stakeholders is a headache. Start with audience personas, system design, and reporting purpose (operational, analytical, executive one).
- Dynamic vs static reports. Static reports are satisfactory when you want to convey one message. Interactive reports give more flexibility for data exploration, including dynamic historical trendlines and what-if scenarios.
- Don’t show all raw data at once. Show high-level info as a starting point. Then jump to the context and more descriptive details.
- Successful implementation of data storytelling to business is multi-layered.
- Understand your data. Start from data governance, data quality and statistical exploration.
- Be obsessed with delivering a meaningful message to your audience. Work on data culture across all organization levels. Show them the power of visual analytics. Inspire them to act agile way and be 100% stakeholder-centred.
- Use cognitive psychology to summarize data. Viz responsibly.
- Self-service analytics is a challenge. Improve data literacy among the audience. Create short and sweet materials.
- Educate your audience about visual best practices. Show them hard evidence of why it works and why it supports their decision-making process.
- Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals by Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic
- slide:ology: The Art and Science of Creating Great Presentations: The Art and Science of Presentation Design by Nancy Duarte
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward R. Tufte
- Envisioning Information by Edward Tufte
- The Big Book of Dashboards: Visualizing Your Data Using Real-World Business Scenarios by Steve Wexler, Jeffrey Shaffer, Andy Cotgreave